Some milestones of 30 years of cultural services and publishing
activities of Amir Kabir
publishing of over 2100 titles by 300 writers and
translators on different subjects. Some titles were either nominated
for or awarded prizes. The following classification by subject may
prove useful for an overall assessment: Religious: 63 titles;
Philosophy: 32; Social and economical: 167; Language and
dictionaries: 103; Pure and applied science: 164; Persian poetry and
literature and novels: 432; Foreign poetry and literature: 388;
History and geography: 214; Children's: 326; Textbooks: 195; Other
subjects: 53. By adding the titles of the three new acquisitions,
the total number of titles reached a record of 2800 titles.
- The most outstanding books were The holy Quran, The Shahnameh,
Moin's Persian Dictionary, Aryanpur's bilingual dictionaries and the
continuation and completing of Mossaheb's Encyclopedia.
- Paying royalties to writers and translators often in cash: something
rather unprecedented at that time.
- Setting up 10 bookshops in Tehran and one in Meshed.
- Setting up book stands at book fairs.
- Establishing constant contact with 300 bookshops and wholesale
dealers throughout the country.
- Selling books by instalment.
- Setting up editing and proofreading section which was not much
customary in those days.
- Restructuring and
equipping Sepehr Printing House to be best equipped to print and bind